Martin City to Celebrate Holiday Lighting Ceremony Thursday Evening
Martin City gets in the holiday spirit Thursday, November 17, with a host of activities sure to please everyone, from athletes to gardeners to foodies and most of all children.
Martin City’s Annual Holiday Lighting Ceremony takes place at the Baily Brothers Bank Building, 510 E 135 St., starting with a holiday fun run, a children’s choir and finally Santa flipping on the switch. Many activities precede the anticipated moment. Below is a list:
– 5-7 p.m. Rosehill Gardens Open House, 311 E. 135 St., will have the gardens decorated for the season. Food, drinks and specials will be available.
– 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Food Writer Judith Fertig and Tippins Pie executive Mark Boyer at Third Thursday’s Martin Speaks at the Martin Event Space, 135th & Holmes. Sign up to win win gift certificates for Tippins Pies. If you purchase gift certificate, the proceeds will benefit Ozanam. Drinks and food are served. RSVP to email@example.com
– 6:30 p.m. Ugly Sweater Fun Run sponsored by the KC Running Company, 411 E 135 St. The run is around the neighborhood in the most outlandish Christmas sweaters.
– 6:45 p.m. St. Thomas More Choir performs on the steps of the Baily Brothers Bank Building, 510 E. 135 St.
– 7:00 p.m. Santa switches on the Christmas tree lights and then welcomes the children (and canines) to hear their wish lists and take photos.
You may also like
City budget takes center stage at SKCA meeting
Trio of new businesses set to open at 103rd & State Line
“Property values have gone through the roof.” Jackson County discusses property taxes
Grandview hosts 20th State of the City luncheon
UPDATE: Monica is found. Woman missing and endangered, last seen on Bannister Road