Art in the Garden includes live music, food, art and crafts
By Jill Draper
Photo of Gilded Lily owner Debbie Beachner by Kathy Feist.
Gilded Lily, a vintage and boutique shop, announces its first-ever outdoor event on Friday and Saturday, May 31 and June 1, in Martin City. The back yard party is called “Art in the Garden, Outdoor Marché,” and runs from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. both days at 612 E. 135th St. The event is a debut of their new garden area.
The market will showcase the talents of local artists, musicians and cooks, with an emphasis on garden-inspired art and vintage finds, says shop owner Debbie Beachner. Participants are still being added, but the lineup includes a half-dozen creative experts.
· Eboni Fondren, a jazz singer and theatrical performer, will entertain with friends from 4-6 p.m. Friday.
· The Modest Mallow will sell their famous oatmeal cream pies and other marshmallow delights from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday.
· Lisa Ryan offers original art, whimsical prints and collages in mixed media.
· Bernadette Lee creates pen and ink and watercolor art and prints.
· Amanda Trouba of Something Sweet Boutique is known for KC-inspired prints, T-shirts, paper goods and home décor.
Flavored French seltzers and other refreshments will be served both days.
Beachner says she may hold the outdoor market again in the fall. A Kansas native and longtime antique connoisseur, she opened the vintage and boutique shop at its current location in 2017. The shop also features holiday open houses and afternoon teas and supports a local book club, the Gilded Lily Literary Society. More information is at 816-510-2182 or gildedlilykc.com.
You may also like
City budget takes center stage at SKCA meeting
Trio of new businesses set to open at 103rd & State Line
“Property values have gone through the roof.” Jackson County discusses property taxes
Grandview hosts 20th State of the City luncheon
UPDATE: Monica is found. Woman missing and endangered, last seen on Bannister Road