Center starts construction in 2020
A lot more construction will be seen at Center School District in 2020 due to the $48 million no tax increase bond that was approved by voters on April 2. Around 82 percent of voters approved a bond that would support safety and security upgrades, infrastructure and maintenance projects and early childhood/elementary building updates.
The school district has announced the following overview of construction updates.
- All district school restrooms–except two schools, Center High School and Indian Creek Elementary –will be under construction this summer
Early Childhood and Elementary:
- The Early Childhood pre-construction preparation will begin mid-January
- The new Indian Creek Elementary pre-construction preparation will begin mid-February
- The Center Elementary secure entrance pre-construction preparation will begin mid-January
- The Red Bridge expansion pre-construction preparation will begin mid-January
- Roof construction at Red Bridge and Boone will begin next year
Middle School, Alternative and High School:
- Center Middle School gym construction will begin after Spring Break
- Center High School restrooms will begin August, 2021
- Roof construction at Center Alternative School will begin next year
- Chiller construction work will begin summer 2020 at CHS
Already in progress:
- Secure entrance projects (Boone, Center Middle School and Center High School)
- The parking lots have been repaved (across the District)
- Lighting has been updated (across the District)
With all construction projects, some of the timelines and developments may evolve. If you have questions, please reach out to our facilities department: 816.349.3325.