KCHBA Auctioning Off Children’s Playhouse for Good Cause
KANSAS CITY, MO — The Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City (KCHBA), located in south Kansas City, is pleased to announce that the Parade of Playhouses, an auction of 13 children’s playhouses for community partner Veterans Community Project (VCP), has been rescheduled for July 17-19. Consumers can view the playhouses in person at Nebraska Furniture Mart’s outdoor pavilion the weekend of July 17-19.
Sponsored by Bickimer Homes, the Parade of Playhouses was originally scheduled during the Greater Kansas City Home & Lifestyle Show March 13-15 at Bartle Hall. The auction was cancelled when a state of emergency was declared due to Covid-19.
Playhouse themes include the Kansas City Chiefs, Whataburger, Dr. Seuss, a castle and more!. Playhouses were built by:
- Gardner-Edgerton School District, sponsored by Grata Development
- Engle & Volkers KC realtor group
- Ernst Brothers Home Construction, sponsored by Stewart Title
- Habitat for Humanity, sponsored by Bickimer Homes
- Excelsior Springs School District, sponsored by Syler Construction
- Grant’s Custom Homes
- Hunt Midwest
- KCHBA Young Professionals
- Northland Career
CenterOlathe Advance Tech Center, sponsored by Ashlar Homes
- Winnetonka NKC School District, sponsored by David Elliott of Construction Planning
- and ServicesVeterans Community Project has turned one of its tiny homes into a playhouse, which will also be auctioned off to the highest bidder.