By Kathy Feist
Road construction on the segment of Red Bridge Road between Holmes and Wornall is expected to begin in December, according to Kansas City Public Works.
The road had been undergoing utility relocations. KCPW reports that AT&T Local, AT&T Transmission, Consolidated, Spire, K-Powernet, Google Fiber, and Zayo have completed utility relocations. United Private Network, Spectrum, and Evergy are still relocating their facilities. All utilities are expected to be out of the way by November.
Bids for the roadway project were opened on August 4. The project should be completed by fall 2023 and will include:
- New traffic signals at Wornall and Holmes Road
- A 5-foot sidewalk on the north side of Red Bridge Road
- A 10-foot multi-use trail on the south side of Red Bridge Road
- Additional traffic lanes on Red Bridge Road
- New enclosed storm drainage system
- New curb and gutter
- New street lighting
- Decorative plantings and stormwater management installations