The South Kansas City Chamber is asking businesses and community members to help nominate those who did something to make a positive impact in South Kansas City in 2021. The deadline to submit a nominee has been extended to Sunday, March 6.
The South KC Chamber’s 2022 Community Impact Awards will be presented at the Chamber’s Annual Dinner which will be held on Thursday, March 24, 2022, at the Armacost Museum.
Each year the Chamber honors companies and volunteers who have made the most impact.
To qualify, the impact must be in the form of a community contribution.
Examples of Community Contributions:
- Donations raised by employees and customers to support a non-profit initiative or charity
- Reduction in your company’s carbon footprint or implementation of sustainable initiative
- Significant donation of time and/or resources toward meaningful investment in South KC
- Educational initiatives that assist employee/ers, customers, and/or the South KC community
- Providing support to another company or organization who is making a difference in South KC
- Initiatives to support employees and/or coworkers who are in need, rides to work, etc.
- Providing mentorship, entrepreneurship, and/or job skills to a person or organization in South KC
- Healthcare initiatives for employees and/or customers that made or will make an impact in their lives
- Initiatives to hire veterans, disabled persons, and/or ex-convicts
- Development investment in surrounding neighborhoods around your company’s headquarters
This year a new category has been created solely for non-profit organizations…the Non-Profit Impact Award.
“There are many ways a company or person (or group of people) could have impacted South Kansas City in 2021 so please don’t feel limited by the list of examples,” reads the Chamber’s press release. “If you believe someone has made an impact in our region, we want to know about it!”
Once all nominations are received and reviewed, Chamber judges will narrow down the top submissions participants to vote for a big Community Impact Winner via the Chamber’s Facebook page.