Kansas City’s Springtime curbside leaf and brush collection is starting next week. Curbside collection occurs during both spring and fall seasons, and helps keep leaves and sticks out of the City’s catch basins, preventing clogged storm drains and flooding.
Last year, workers collected a total of 2,750 tons of yard waste during the leaf and brush pickups. Residents are asked to collect their leaves and brush in sacks and bundles and set them at the curb by 7 a.m. on their regularly scheduled trash day.
Below is the spring 2022 leaf and brush collection schedule:
- Central: March 28 – April 1 (Missouri River south to 63rd St., between State Line Road and Blue Ridge Cutoff, but not including residents who live east of Blue Ridge Cutoff)
- North: April 11 – April 15 (Missouri River, north to the city limit)
- South: April 25 – April 29 (63rd Street, south to the city limit, as well as all residents who live east of Blue Ridge Cutoff)
Curbside Leaf and Brush Collection Rules:
- Sacks and bundles should be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on the regularly scheduled trash day, but not before 3 p.m. on the previous day.
- No more than 20 sacks and bundles per household.
- Sacks and bundles must not weigh more than 40 pounds each.
- Use only paper lawn debris sacks. No plastic bags.
- If you seal the sacks, use masking tape only; do not use plastic or duct tape.
- No grass clippings. No trash.
- All branches must be bundled. Branches must not be more than 3 inches in diameter.
- Bundles of branches must not be more than 2 feet in diameter and not more than 4 feet long.
- Use twine or jute rope to tie bundles; do not use wire or plastic tape.
- If wet weather is forecast, cover sacks and bundles with clear plastic.
If sacks and bundles are not collected on the scheduled trash day, residents must contact 311 within 24 hours. For questions or to report service-related issues, please call 311 or 816.513.1313.
Residents can also make use of the City’s three leaf and brush drop off sites Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. For more information, visit: www.kcmo.gov/leafandbrush
Kansas City’s leaf and brush locations are located at:
- 11660 N. Main Street
- 1815 N. Chouteau Trafficway
- And 10301 Raytown Road